Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Scrapper's Delight for Charity Quilt, part 1

I'm going to demo a quilt block at the next Chicago Modern Quilt Guild meeting this month.  We will be creating quilts for the Teen Living charity here in Chicago.  Teen Living's goal is to help homeless teens achieve permanent independence and self-sufficiently while addressing basic needs of food, shelter, and clothing.

I've selected the Scrapper's Delight quilt pattern from the book Sunday Morning Quilts to demo because it's super easy and fast, plus I love how the finished quilt looks!  It is basically a scrappy log cabin that you can slice & dice and re-piece.  I have a lot of greens and blues in my scrap stash right now, so I'll be sewing these up for a boy's quilt.  Here's what I have so far:

Just some scrappy log cabin blocks.  Next I will cut them into 4 equal sections and rearrange....    Hopefully they will end up looking something like these lovely quilts:
by Cheryl Arkison


by BlueElephantStitches

by s.o.t.a.k handmade

No comments: