Friday, August 2, 2013

(Finally posting about) Madrona Road Challenge quilt!

I've had this quilt done for a while now but haven't had the time to post my pictures.  This was made for the Madrona Road Quilt Challenge hosted by the Modern Quilt Guild.  My Chicago chapter participated in this challenge.  Each participant received samples of the Madrona Rd. fabric line by Michael Miller.  We had to make something using only these fabrics but we could add in solid colors if we wanted.  I chose a pattern by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson! called Octagonal Orbs.  I thought it showed the fabrics well and I had never tried the pattern, so it was something new to me!  I really liked how it turned out.  I chose to use the leftover fabrics to create a large medallion pattern on the back.




No comments: