Monday, July 28, 2008

Doll Quilt Swap 4 Progress

I haven't yet posted on the progress of my DQS4 quilt, so here it is. It's been an experiment. I haven't had much experience with appliqué, so I tried it out on this mini quilt. I also have had trouble in the past with binding a quilt, so as you can see, I have been avoiding that part.

I did the detail quilting so far on my machine, which was a painful learning curve. Some of the flower stitching is all wonky. I was also using some shiny embroidery-type thread that didn't always like to work in my machine.

I felt that this whole process was a good thing, however, 'cause it has given me more experience and confidence in both a) making an arty quilt, and b) finishing a quilt!


Sarah said...

i love it! the flowers are great and i love the pieced background!

Sarah said...

here is a good tute for binding: