Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Andy's Cats

Andy Warhol was apparently fond of cats.

While in Pittsburgh, mom & I visited the Warhol museum. I, being told I couldn't, decided I could, and took many pictures of Warhol's artwork.

I was excited to see all the artwork of animals, especially cats. He even had a taxidermied (is that a word?) cat he used as a subject for photography and printmaking (see orange cat on green background above). And another print of a crazy cat in a medical collar.

My favorites, however, were all the ink & watercolor sketches of cats. All in bright pinks, yellows, and blues. And most of these were of a cat named Sam.

It's nice to know an artist appreciated kitties as much as I do.... even stuffed dead ones.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Billy appreciates dead kitties too - ha!

I got my package - thank you! I need to send you a proper thank you or even an email atleast, but I wanted to let you know I got it. I'm trying to think of projects for those pieces. thanks!
I'll catch up with you later.

Crafty Turtle said...

But Billy appreciates them in a different way... :(

Remind me to keep Stinky away from him!

Sarah said...

Billy appreciates them in a different way alright! Far far a way!