Saturday, January 3, 2009

The quilt that I'd forgotten!

While in Florida, I visited with my friend Sarah, whom I've known for over 20 years now. She had a throw quilt on her couch that I had made for her daughter, Marguerite, when she was born. Marguerite is about 7 now (maybe 8? I'm so bad with ages!).

I had completely forgotten that I had made this for her! It was one of my first "full" quilts and I had lots of help from my mom, especially in the quilting and binding of it. It has been well-loved at the Grainger household, even by their dog, Gonzo, who likes to chew holes in things. Sarah has had to repair several "Gonzo holes" in this quilt.

It still looks great, though, and I was admiring my super-wonky piecing. It was definitely a LIBERATED quilt. It was nice to see something I had made be used and loved by others. Yay!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

i love this quilt. between lots of love and lots of washing, this quilt will be loved until it wastes away. thank you for making it for marguerite.