Friday, September 26, 2008

Fit Friday

So I saw another blogger who's in the crafty & fit group create a "Fit Friday" post to keep herself motivated and to keep track of how much she's been walking. I thought, "what a great idea!" If only I had something "fit" to blog about!

I did go to the gym once this week. In fact, I was so focused on rushing to the gym after work that I completely forgot that I had made an eye doctor appt. for that afternoon and of course, missed the doctor's appointment.

Luckily, it was just a yearly exam and I can still see. for the time being. And at least I got in an hour at the gym. I've been getting into a rut when I go to the gym, though. I jump on the first empty elliptical machine and pedal for about 30 - 40 minutes. Then I'm so jello-legged that I can barely walk to the mat area to stretch. I do feel that it's a great workout and I sweat a lot. But I need to start incorporating other activities besides just cardio.

I had my hubby show me some arm machines and I did those last time, too. I just feel torn sometimes between wanting someone to show me what to do, and being so fiercely independent that I get mad if someone tries to give me directions. I must be bipolar.

Anyway, the goal is to go again on Sunday and maybe fit in a workout video as well sometime during the week. I think I'll keep doing (as best I can) the "Fit Friday" posts to keep myself in line. We'll see if I can keep it up!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Great job...I like to see the updates...it's helpful for me to update because it keeps me honest. Keep up the good work...Wendy www.therunningquilter.blogspot.com

Heather Kelley said...

Hey, how did you like it when you hired that personal trainer, a few years back? Maybe that's a good solution again. Someone who is specifically paid to know more about those machines than you (and they are pretty frikkin complicated these days). Also who can mix it up so you don't get bored. And keep talking to you so you halfway forget you are exercising. (Can you tell I am speaking from experience? :)