Monday, August 25, 2008

Sarah Made me a Quilt!

I got a fun package from my friend Sarah (via my mom) and in it was the Doll Quilt she had made me. I was her partner for the latest Doll Quilt Swap.

She made a beautiful liberated churn dash in bright oranges and green. She also sent me a copy of the book "Collaborative Quilting" by Gwen Marston & Freddy Moran. They use this "liberated" style of quilting in all their designs. It just means they take a regular ole' pattern and make it a bit wonky. Look how Sarah made the corners of the orange bits all different sizes and angles? Isn't it great??! She's so talented!

She also sent me some goodies - some rubber stamping supplies, a vintage poppy postcard, and of course, some tissue and ribbon in orange and green. The tissue and ribbon were just the wrapping supplies, but as Sarah knows, I'll keep that and reuse it later - probably for her! Hee! Thanks for a great little quilty Sarah!


1 comment:

Clare said...

Great goodies - lovely wokny churn dashes.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with Collaborative Quilting.