Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sneaky Peek at Bubba Bag

Here's a sneaky peeky at a new thing I'm trying to make. I was asked by my hubby to make a bag for my mother-in-law for mother's day. At the same time, I was thinking about starting a project in which i could try free-pieced letters. I had been looking at all sorts of beautiful quilts & things made with this technique and I found the tutorial for the letters on Tonya's blog - Lazy Gal Quilting (check it out!).

So this was the perfect opportunity. I chose her beloved parakeet, Bubba, as the subject matter and dove into the project never having tried this before and only having done VERY minimal applique as well.

I'm almost finished. Mother's day with us was postponed due to a severe cold my hubby has this week. We'll see her next weekend and I'll pass on the bag then. I'll take some pics when I'm completely done. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! Hooray!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

your letters look great, and your parakeet is wonderful! I hope you will share your final results.