Saturday, February 16, 2013

Words

I spent most of the weekend making words.  Out of fabric, that is!  I will be helping to present at the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild tomorrow.  We are doing a tutorial of wonky letters ala Tonya Ricucci.    I participated in her Lazy Gal Quilting Summer sew-along many years ago and had a blast.  I love creating wonky letters and words and have done most of the alphabet, some letters many times.  I now tend to just improvise and not even look at the pattern, but that usually results in letters in the same word that are extremely varied in size.
Step outs of E and A
We will be putting all our words together for some Project Nite Nite quilts we will be donating at our April meeting along with books and stuffed animals.  Here's what I have so far...



This one I made for my friend John while we had our artsy fartsy date on Friday at his studio.  This is one of his favorite sayings.  I've picked this phrase up from him and have gotten myself into trouble using it when it wasn't exactly appropriate!  
(Imagine this: We're on vacation at a lovely inn in Door County, WI.  Very sweet waitress: "Would you like your cherry pie now?"  Me: "Duh!" Everyone else at the table: Gasp! *looks of horror on their faces*)




1 comment:

Jenny Squawk said...

No, no, no, no, no. Don't say Duh. My six year old daughter started saying it after starting kindergarten. I'm about to lose it. There are better things to say. Please don't bring it back.

I live piecing letters, too. My sizes vary as well, but I like that. Makes it more interesting visually.