Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shamrock Shuffle 2010


I did it!
I ran in the Shamrock Shuffle this year. I'd always thought about doing it, but was never really into running. At least on purpose. But this was the year! I trained with my friend Molly from work. She'd never really run a race either, so we were both huffing and puffing at first.

She's a real task-master, though, so she was good at pushing me along. Even during the race - "Come on! You can do it!"
I had some supporters root me on - my friend Jessica came down to cheer at mile marker 1. Hubby was there around mile 3 and again at 3.5ish to holler for "Team Dangerfield!" And Molly's husband was there at the last mile.

We had a great time despite the cold weather, but at least it wasn't snowing! My time was one hour, 2 minutes, and 48 seconds. The time to beat for next year!

No comments: